The implementation of cloud storage services in the business world has changed the way companies store their data and communicate with each other.
Now not only can businesses avoid housing large, bulky filing cabinets full of files and paperwork in their offices, they don’t even need high capacity on site server storage capabilities.
What is the Cloud?
In a nutshell, the cloud is a system of offsite servers that individuals and businesses use to store their digital files. The servers are managed by a hosting company and individuals and organizations buy or rent digital space from them.
A business may use the cloud to store essential documents and data.
An individual may use cloud storage to store their photos and music, rather than storing that information on their phone.
The hosting company is responsible for upkeep of the servers and ensuring that their users have access to their stored information.
How Has Cloud Storage Change the Way We Do Business in Maryland?
The cloud has greatly impacted the way companies do business. Several benefits of using the cloud to store business information are:
- Scalability: you only pay for the amount of storage you use
- Easy file sharing: one document hosted offsite can be accessed by anyone granted access
- Remote access: anyone in the company can log in and access information from anywhere
- Increased security: hosting companies take extreme measures to keep all data secure
- Reduced power/maintenance costs: you don’t have to pay for server maintenance or energy use
- Natural disaster protection: servers are kept secure and backed up
Get Free Quotes on Cloud Services for Your Baltimore Business
If you are looking to initiate cloud storage services for your Baltimore organization, we’ll help you get started. Call us at (410) 777-8831 or fill out the form on the left and we’ll help you find a secure and affordable cloud storage solution for your digital storage needs.